Bowerham Primary and Nursery School believes in providing equal opportunities for all pupils through the provision of an inspiring education to enable all children to achieve their potential.
All governors, staff and parents at Bowerham Primary and Nursery School are committed to meeting all the needs of our pupils, including those with additional and extra needs, thus ensuring that all our pupils achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes. It is the aim of the school to develop the academic potential of each child: and to cater for the social, moral, physical and spiritual requirements of the individual in a happy and secure learning environment.
For all inclusion Policies please see the policies page on our website. https://www.bowerham.lancs.sch.uk/our-policies/
Our policies include information on the following
- the arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils
- the steps we have taken to prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- the facilities we provide to help disabled pupils to access the school
- the accessibility plan we have prepared in compliance with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010 for:
- increasing the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the school’s curriculum
- improving the physical environment of the school for the purpose of increasing the extent to which disabled pupils are able to take advantage of education and benefits, facilities and services provided or offered by the school
- improving the delivery to disabled pupils of information which is readily accessible to pupils who are not disabled